PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CREDENTIALS:
Bachelor of Arts Degree - 1979 Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA
- 08/2008 – Present - The Hopkins-McElhannon Group, Inc - Appraisers and Valuation Consultants - Charlotte, North Carolina
- 04/1987 – 06/2008 - Vice President, Keystone Appraisal Company - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Member Appraisal Institute, 1997 MAI #11331
- Member American Society of Appraisers, 1998 ASA #041014
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, 2008 NC #A6920
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, 2008 SC #CG6537
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Member Appraisal Institute (“AI”), MAI Designation, 1997
- Member American Society of Appraisers (“ASA”), ASA Designation, 1999
- Past President, Philadelphia Metro Chapter Appraisal Institute, 2007
- Member of Regional Ethics & Counseling Panel, Appraisal Institute, 2005
- REALTOR® Member of the Charlotte Region Commercial Board of REALTORS®
REQUIRED CONTINUING EDUCATIION
- AI and ASA require a minimum of 100 hours of continuing education, including the Standards of Professional Practice course, within each 5 year cycle in order to obtain "Continuing Education Completed" status with the Institute. As of the date of this report, I have completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the AI and ASA.
INTANGIBLE BUSINESS ASSETS
- Successful Completion of the Fundamentals of Separating Real, Personal Property and Intangible Business Assets Course, March 2012.
EXPERT TESTIMONY/LITIGATION SUPPORT
- Qualified as an expert witness: Boards of Assessment Appeal (Pennsylvania Counties of Berks, Chester, Luzerne, Montgomery; and Philadelphia), City of Philadelphia Board of Revision of Taxes and Board of View.
- Adjunct Professor, Temple University Real Estate Institute, 1999-2008
- Instructor in Basic Appraisal Principles and Procedures
- & Guest Lecturer on Income Capitalization